What is a CT Scan?
Cone beam computed tomography (CT) is a special type of x-ray we use when regular x-rays are not sufficient. Dr. Detar uses this technology to produce three dimensional (3-D) images of your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone.
What are the advantages?
- more accurate diagnosis
- reduced surgery time for the patient
- reduced recovery time
- reduced stress for the patient
- optimal placement of the dental implant/s
- improved location of canal anatomy in teeth needing root canals or apico’s
Why do I need a CT scan?
- surgical planning for impacted teeth
- diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- accurate location of canals for root canals.
- accurate placement of dental implants.
- evaluation of the jaw, sinuses, nerve canals and nasal cavity.
- detecting, measuring and treating jaw tumors.
- determining bone structure and tooth orientation.
- locating the origin of pain or pathology